Tuesday, November 21, 2017

Quilt Show - Part three

It was such a great show and I have so many photos. Continuing on...

What fun birds.



















I like to dissect quilts and try to find out why they appeal to my eye.

It's interesting to see that one block has the leaves in white while, in the block next to it, the leaves are done in patchwork.



I do love this pattern.



This was such a fun quilt to view. All of the shirts have several pieces to them and I loved looking at the fabrics.





What a lovely idea and such an easy quilt to make to feature fun fabrics.

Heavily quilted.



















This reminds me of the work of R.C. Gorman (American) and Ioyan Mani (Canadian.) 


I shall end with this one today.
There are still more photos to share with you.


5 comments:

  1. A Special Gift, stunning, and the words signify how much love went into this.Then #2 was the alphabet, but they might share first place. Thanks for sharing, and having the words as well means so much, a little background to the design, reason, and quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was rather drawn to the Tumbling Leaves. I think it's the burst of colours. But you have shown us so many lovely quilts that it is hard to pick a favourite. I also have enjoyed reading the little bit of background to the quilts. Thank you for sharing them all. And more to come whoohoo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. There are so many great quilts but I think the Whitewashed windows was my favourite of them all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Some more lovelies to see - thank you!! I think my favourite this time was the Tumbling Leaves.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting. I appreciate your thoughts.