Thursday, August 3, 2017

A new tote

I managed to make a new bag - but not for me. My eldest daughter, Laila, likes totes and wanted a cross body one. I did some online searching and came across a pattern that she liked. It just so happens that we had visited Value Village and I found a piece of fabric that was from IKEA. It was quite nice and I picked it up even though I didn't have any idea what I was going to use it for at the time.

 The lining is a bottom weight in light blue. I didn't use any interfacing since the two fabrics together were enough and the pattern didn't call for any.
Laila liked the size and the fabric but she wanted a closure.

So, I sewed on a tab and added a handmade button that her husband had made me.

It turned out to be a very nice size. Big enough to transport baby Esme.

Today is a special day.
Happy Birthday Laila!!

7 comments:

  1. Super bag, lovely daughter, but the little one might well be the star of the show today. Happy Birthday from down in NZ.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the baby! I mean the bag! Great fabric find at Value Village.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a pretty bag! Also, you have a very beautiful daughter, the bag suits her perfectly. My daughter would love that bag, perhaps she's about the same age as Laila. Where did you find a pattern for it ?
    Oh, also just wanted to say I have seen fabrics like that in IKEA and wondered what they might work well with. This is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That turned out great - love Ikea fabrics, good use for it! She looks so happy with it! Happy Birthday Laila!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy birthday Laila. Great looking bag!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That bag makes for a pretty nice birthday present! Happy birth day to Laila.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great bag for a mom! Space for nappies, spare clothes and bottles as well as the usual handbag contents. Happy birthday to Laila!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting. I appreciate your thoughts.