Tuesday, March 28, 2017

Finished, complete, done

I have been sewing or knitting whenever I had the time.

This is the quilt that Marg has been working on. I sewed the binding on and she will finish the hand stitching. Then, she wants to give it to her daughter who has MS and is wheelchair bound.

This is the one I quilted. 

I had some yarn that needed to be used up and so, I made a little hat.

Then, I made another.

And yet, another. I brought in some forsythia branches to brighten up my kitchen and they seemed like the perfect place to display the hats. My granddaughters were delighted.

And today, this...

became this. Another finish. It's part of the 2017 BOM called Sun, Sand and Sea by Sew Incredibly Crazy.

There are still a couple of things to finish up but I'm glad that these are now complete.

About a week ago the little girls planted some seeds. It didn't take long at all to see some green. Once they get a bit bigger, I will transplant then into bigger pots.

I'm going to link up with The Needle and Thread Network.

6 comments:

  1. Great finishes! Adorable little hats. And I love how you planted seeds with the littlies (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our forsythia is showing some yellow, time to cut a few branches and bring them inside. Thanks for the reminder. I was waiting to see the little sun/sand quilt, adorable! Are the hats knitted in the round with DPNs? What size needles did you use? I also planted some indoor seeds for gourds. What will yours become?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute little hats for the girls, and a nice hat tree! The beach landscape looks warm and inviting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cute are those dolphins. The hats are charming and in pretty colors.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those hats are so cute! I love your Sun, Sand and Sea block!
    What kind of seeds did the girls plant?

    ReplyDelete
  6. A hat tree - what a great idea! Seed planting is so much fun with littles....I remember doing that with our boys.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting. I appreciate your thoughts.