Monday, February 27, 2017

Finish(es)

I decided to join along with Amy at Sew Incredibly Crazy and made a start on the Sun, Sand and Sea BOM. Here's the first block.

The sun and the sky. I used the right and wrong side of the yellow fabric to make my sun. It's all hand appliqued and didn't take long to make at all. 

I managed to sew this little sweater up for Severn. She likes pink. There is another button but I guess I forgot to do it up. The yarn is a bit more pink than this photo shows. It's James C. Brett Marble Chunky yarn. I have used the yarn before to make Teemu a hat and sweater in a pretty turquoise.

This is Mackenzie's sweater. I didn't knit this. My friend Marg picked it up at a church bazaar that she volunteered at and since it didn't sell, she wondered if I might want to buy it. Well, little Mackenzie has a passion for blue and because I was making the pink sweater, I grabbed this. They both fit the girls perfectly.

Now, I've got to see what I have on my list to complete next.

7 comments:

  1. knitting is lovely, and a good time of the year, keeps hands so warm. love that sunflower applique too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the knits! And even though bought, it is handmade and for a good cause!
    Beautiful sun to long for and great idea to make a contrast by using the back side of the fabric. Happy next complete!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are the Queen of Knitting, Dolores! Even if you didn't knit the blue one, you knew it was special and rescued it for a new life. I will check out the BOM later, have been looking for a simple monthly project to keep me going while I sort out my hand issues.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful sweater. Getting sweaters in the colors they love is sweet. Your quilt project looks interesting; it'll be nice to see how it comes along. Love your block.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The sunshine blocks looks warm and lovely. I used to place the sun in the top left corner of my drawings when I was little. The twins will love their new sweaters.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty sunshine block, clever of you to use the right and wrong sides! Love the pink sweater, it looks really cozy!~

    ReplyDelete
  7. You found perfect fabrics for your sun and sky - and I love using both fronts and backs of fabrics to get the effect I want. Maybe Mother Nature will take a clue from your block and decide to make an extended appearance!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting. I appreciate your thoughts.