Sunday, August 21, 2016

Maple leaf quilt block

For all of those people who browse my blog and love the maple leaf quilt in my post titled "Arm chair quilt show Part 1," I don't have the pattern because it's not my quilt. There are various places on the internet and in books where the pattern can be found. One such place is HERE.

It's an easy pattern to replicate yourself if you have some graph paper. Use a search engine for the words 'maple leaf' or 'autumn leaf' and you may find other sources for a free pattern if you're not inclined to make your own.

I'm sorry if you have been one of those people who has requested the pattern and have not heard back from me because your request comes up as a 'no reply' comment.

This is an appliqued maple leaf quilt that I showed on my blog in September of 2014. It was in a quilt show called Maud's Garden of Quilt Show.
Here's a close-up of one of the leaves. I love the way the maker placed the shadow of the leaf on the quilt.

6 comments:

  1. Love it - and wow girl, I love love love your row quilt, congratulations!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The shadow makes the leaf 3-D as if it's not attached at all. It's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is a beautiful quilt. She/he used the perfect fabric for the background.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful quilt, I really like the shadows on some of the leaves.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, I would like to make the quilt in your episode of "Arm chair quilt show Part I", and was hoping you know the colors used?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your leaf quilt is absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting. I appreciate your thoughts.