Friday, August 19, 2016

Little dresses

I've been busy sewing again. This time for two little girls.

They are hanging up in my closet waiting to be given to my granddaughters who are fraternal twins.

This was the first pattern I decided to try out.

It was made from a piece of mauve floral poly-cotton that was in my stash. I even had enough to make matching panties.
 
This too was a mauve floral that was in my stash but it's cotton and I decided to make the panties out of some matching broadcloth that I had. Butterick 6047 is the pattern that I used. I made the dress version with the ruffles on the shoulders.

I even managed to make an extra pair of panties out of a darker purple broadcloth.
All of these pieces used half inch single fold bias tape. The navy blue that I used for the panties above was already in my trims box but I didn't have any mauve. When I went to purchase some at Fabricland, there was none to be had the first time I went. It seemed that half inch single fold bias tape was a popular item because there wasn't any at all of any colour.
The pantie pattern I used was from McCall's 7037.
 
I've got more garment sewing to do and I am also thinking of using up some of my stash by joining in on the Meadow Mystery.

7 comments:

  1. Lovely wee dresses, and a great idea to have matching undies. I used the Enid Gilchrist drafted patterns for many years. Then managed to find some Butterick ones, McCalls are down here too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The sundresses are very sweet; love the matching bloomers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are very cute:) I love sewing for little girls.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet little outfits! Sewing "little" clothes is such fun, and so much quicker to finish up than sewing for adults! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The outfits are very pretty! My mother used to sew us such panties too, to match our little dresses or skirts and to be used alone too or with a little top. It is nice that the dresses are not exactly the same, just like the girls.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am still hopeful there will be a grandbaby of the little girl sort so I can indulge my wanting to make girlie things. Maybe someday!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting. I appreciate your thoughts.