Wednesday, June 22, 2016

A little blue

Well, it's actually, a couple of little blues.

I have been busy making little hats. The top one is reversible, the other side looks like the bottom hat. The blue fabric I used is a hand dyed piece that my friend Judy gave me. She dyes her backing fabric to match the top of her quilts. Since she didn't want the part that got cut off, she gave it to me and I thought it was just perfect for a little hat for Teemu. The top one is a size medium and since it didn't have a chin strap (that wouldn't work for a reversible hat), I made a small size in the very nice gingham - with the strap. I hope it fits but if not, I'll make another one. They aren't hard at all. Here's the free pattern.

I'm linking up with the Needle and Thread Network.

11 comments:

  1. Cute! I must make some. Thanks for the link.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yay! I thought these were the cutest hats - and because I have a cutest grandson, perhaps I would have to make one (or three). I was about to email you asking for pattern info and there it was! Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely, and as I have a small head, the largest size might fit, or I can add a wee bit to the edges. Thanks too for the link.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They look great, thank you for the pattern link. In items like this you can save so much compared to the ones from the shop, and they are a perfect use of little leftover scraps.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't know if it's summer heat or my age(!) that has caused me to slow down. Your hats are very cute, and I admire your continuing creativity!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very very cute and such a great idea to use up those bits and pieces of fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for the link to the pattern. They look perfect for a little boy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hand dyed and hand made, I love it. It really is a cute pattern. Little ones look so cute in those hats.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a cute idea for reverse hats!
    You're too smart. They look great.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting. I appreciate your thoughts.