Saturday, July 19, 2014

Beginner Crazy Quilt Class

Now that the enrollment for the course has ended, we have a list of supplies that are going to be used.

 Here's my selection. Neutral background fabrics, embroidery floss or perle cotton, bits of lace, various needles, beads and silk ribbon. Since I have lots of embroidery floss, I decided that I would like to use perle cotton for this. The only ones I had though, were size 3 and 5 and what was recommended was size 8 or 12. It took me a long time to choose these colours because there was a lot of choice (sometimes not a good thing for me.) I did have to go quite a ways to find the store to get them, though. For some reason, even though this is a big metropolitan city that I live in, there are very few needle art stores. One has to travel to the suburbs to find silk ribbon and perle cottons in colours other than beige and white.

11 comments:

  1. I read about the CQ class on you blog last week and also signed up. I am looking forward to it. Having trouble finding Butterfly lace pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know exactly what you mean about the difficulties in finding supplies. Silk ribbon and pearl cotton are exceedingly difficult to find, at least here in Canada. Looking forward to seeing what you create.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like it will be lots of fun, and your colours and threads go so well with the fabrics. Waiting to see more, Cheers,Jean

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well it's an interesting selection of materials. I have loads of lace in my collection because I always fall in love with it but have no idea what to do with it. I'm looking forward to inspiration......

    ReplyDelete
  5. Delicious looking supplies! I look forward to seeing your project grow.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks gorgeous together:) Where did you finally get the perle cotton?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the colours you have chosen Dolores. We also have very few fabric and thread stores here. Sadly local shopping appears to have been killed by the internet. I tend to stock up when I go to London.

    ReplyDelete
  8. If you are still looking for additional supplies, you can find them online at a wonderful shop called ThreadNeedle Street in Issaquah, WA. I believe the website address is http://www.threadneedlestreet.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. sorry I missed this one... I think you all will have a blast with the crazy quilting.
    in stitches
    Annette
    institchesandseams@hotmail.ca

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just found out about your CQ beginners class. Am I too late to join? Will you run another one later in the year?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting. I appreciate your thoughts.