Monday, April 21, 2014

Little finishes and continuing on...

Continuing on with one of my BOMs (blocks of the month.)

Seven stars have been completed for the April installment of the BOM at Quilt Doodle Doodles.

This is how it fits in with the two previous month's blocks.

 This little guy is a Cheeky Raven from Regina Grewe's  paper piecing site. He was all finished except for the bottom strip, his eye and his nostril. Now he is all complete but I won't quilt him just yet. He may just make it into a much bigger quilt.


I have finally gotten to the part where I am using the little Lion Brand Bonbons. This is actually a nice purple.

And lastly, I am going to finish this sweater for little Patric. I made sure that I started with the biggest size so I know that it will fit him. Since I have other things that I would like to start, this needs to get finished.

I'm linking up with What a Hoot! BOMs Away, The Needle and Thread Network and Esther's blog. Pop on over to see how other people are progressing on their projects.

 

19 comments:

  1. Dolores, what wonderful news< I hope all is going well with the expectant Mum, and you have lots on the planning table. Love that bird. Cheers, Jean

    ReplyDelete
  2. Twins! What a fun, sweet surprise.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your knitting is beautiful. How nice for your family to learn of the twins. Best Wishes to all. I love the way the stars look over the other blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow....twins will be fun. Congratulations:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE these projects! The crow is just too fun - he does deserve a quilt around him :) And the Christmas piecing is so nice with that background fabric. (What cool news regarding the twins!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great projects! Love that cheeky raven! The little sweater looks amazing. I guess it is self striping yarn(?) Your bonbon project looks great too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. All wonderful projects. I love everything Regina designs. You did a terrific job with the bird...:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Little Patric's sweater looks great, these multi-coloured yarns are really nice. The Cheeky Raven is lovely, I'm looking forward to seeing further blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have certainly been productive! The knitting and quilting vie each other for being the most fun.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful knitting, something I can only dream of achieving. Simply beautiful!,

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely photos, and I think you're going to be very busy indeed - congrats to your family on the news about the twins! I hope all goes well :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Twins mean twice the fun! You're going to have a great time creating for the new little additions.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful BOM! Love the blue background. Cheeky Raven is fabulous and the knitting is very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  14. good to catch up with you Dolores....I can see that you are as busy as ever!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love that crow!! I'll have to visit that site! And I'm a sucker for BOMs!! Yours is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Dolores,

    Beautiful projects you are working on the knitting and the blocks are lovely.
    How exciting news regarding twins - congratulations and hope all will go well.
    Happy weekend
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm so impressed with your knitting! That cheeky raven is super cute. As always I'm in awe of your work.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting. I appreciate your thoughts.