Monday, August 26, 2013

Quilts and books

First, here are a few of the books I borrowed from the library.

Just a few border ideas.

I've borrowed the two on the left before while I was browsing the catalogue, I came across some other books that I wanted to check out.
 
 Remember I showed you this pile of green squares? Well, I did have another fabric chosen to go with them.

It's this gray crackled fabric. Don't ask me how old it is or what the name of it is because I don't know. I must really have liked it when it first came out because I found 2 pieces of yardage and one fat quarter of it in my stash. I was going to use it in another project but that was just a wall hanging and I never did get around to it and now I'm glad.

I just laid out some of the green blocks on my kitchen table on top of some of the gray fabric to see how it looked. I must say, I am impressed. I really like it. I thought that the gray fabric might have too much of a directional print to it but no, it really doesn't. On the table is actually two folded pieces put together and you can't tell.
So, that's it so far. I still have to cut all the gray fabric up and sew it onto each square but that will have to wait awhile. I have other things on the go at the moment.

7 comments:

  1. The black borders and the gray make all your greens look so good. I'm curious to see this one finished.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like that crackle fabric. It makes the blocks pop.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The grey shows the green borders so well, lovely, and not dull, it almost glows behind the darker colours. Cheers from Jean.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The grey fabric really compliments the green blocks , great choice. You are lucky your library has such great books to borrow , we have a very poor selection .

    ReplyDelete
  5. The green and grey really do look great together, especially with the black frames. Holding on to all of those pieces until the right project came to you was the right thing to do.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really don't know what I would ever do without the local library. There is never a week that goes by without me going at least once.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The grey looks terrific with the green squares. How nice that you have enough in your stash.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting. I appreciate your thoughts.