Thursday, July 22, 2010

Fabric and ...

I really didn't buy much fabric on my trip but I did manage to get a bit. Remember this? I needed something a bit more oriental in flavour.

This is the beginning of the wall hanging my daughter wanted me to make. The idea is found in...

the October 2009 edition of McCall's Quilting.

Here's what other people have done with the pattern. The actual pattern for the quilt is found here.



Laila helped me pick these fabrics after I told her that I was looking for an Asian theme.














After reviewing all these fabrics, Maili decided on this.

But then when it was sewn together, she changed her mind and this is what the final quilt top looks like after a bit of reverse sewing.

She really liked the lighter blue that I had in my stash and thought that it went better as an inner frame for the photo.

This is what I bought for myself. A small piece of tone on tone brown and some blue that could pass for sky.

I also picked up an embroidery foot for my little Jenome Jem. Now I have to go and quilt the wall hanging.

3 comments:

  1. Whats a trip without buying fabric (yarn also in my case)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm really pleased you had your hat, although like you. I am always looking for something that will catch my eye fabric wize. love the oriental theme.... x x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Barkerville!!! Not too far from where I'm staying right now!
    Never been there, but always wanted to!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting. I appreciate your thoughts.