Thursday, June 22, 2023

Some 'little' sewing

One of my granddaughters turned 4 about a week ago. Her mom and dad bought her a Corolle doll and asked if I would make some clothes for the doll. I gathered up some fabric but it was a bit hard to find patterns to fit. Luckily, I had a Cabbage Patch doll clothes pattern that seemed to be the correct size for a 14 inch doll. I sewed up a couple of extra outfits so that her sister, who also had the same make of doll, could have different clothing.

I like the dresses and the matching bloomers.

I found this little piece of coral print and thought it would make a nice dress.

This is her sister's little doll outfit.


I never ended up showing these 10 little treat bags that I made for Easter. 

Each one had pompom tails but no faces.

They didn't take long to sew up. I found the pattern on the internet.

Having these little bags saved me from hiding the treats in the backyard.

Here's a few of the recipients with their bags.

They were filled with a variety of goodies.

I will now be concentrating on crocheting a blanket and sewing up some quilt blocks.

3 comments:

  1. Dolls clothes, they are so small and fiddly to sew, from my memory. You have excelled, they are all truly beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dolls' clothes take almost as much time and effort as children's clothes! Just less material. Having patterns makes it easier. I'm struggling with getting some new rag dolls finished for UNICEF. My only "good" pattern is for a dress, designed for me by my quilting group teacher.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm hopeful that our wee little girl will love dolls so I can indulge her but with two older brothers the odds might not be in my favour on that one. I have some fabric on hand to make her a couple summer dresses but I'm not having any luck at getting her measurements so I can do the correct size.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting. I appreciate your thoughts.