Saturday, January 21, 2023

Flannel nightgowns

Nightgowns. I didn't get a chance to finish all of my sewing before Christmas so I am catching up now.

This is my youngest granddaughter modelling her new nightgown. I found the fabric in Fabricland just before Christmas. I was there looking to stock up on elastic and just happened to check out the sales table. There was about one metre left on the bolt and I just couldn't leave it there. The flannel has unicorns on it. To say the nightgown is a hit is an understatement. My son told me she cried when he suggested other pajamas one night. 


Here's one of two identical nightgowns I made that were Christmas gifts. Both recipients were born in May of 2017 - exactly two weeks apart. As you can see from both photos, I had to incorporate another fabric in order to complete the nightgowns. Luckily, I had all the fabric for these two green ones and didn't have to purchase anything. I have one or two more nightgowns to make and then I have some pajamas to sew. 

I am also trying to work on my quilt UFOs that are in bins and, in addition to all that sewing, I have two blocks to make for one of my twin granddaughter's quilts.

So, I have lots and lots to keep me busy for next several months.

3 comments:

  1. Great job on the nightgowns. Little girls and unicorns, a love story that never ends. ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute - the girls AND the nighties! I guess one day before long I'll be having to think about making them too. Did you use a commercial pattern or one from the internet??

    ReplyDelete
  3. The girls look very pleased and the nightgowns must be both comfortable and warm, just perfect.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting. I appreciate your thoughts.