Saturday, September 17, 2022

Getting closer

 ...to the end.

This is all that I have left to quilt. I'm trying to think of how to bind it - meaning what colour.

Butterflies and leaves are what I finally decided I would quilt in the big open sky area.

And when I'm not working on the quilt, I'm making more hats.

This is with the flash on my little camera. The green isn't a lime colour.

This green is closer to the colour but it's still not this bright - photo without the flash. My two little granddaughters need new hats so these are just trials. Pink and purple are this years colour so I shall see what I come up with. I will probably try a few different patterns too. There's bound to be someone who fits whatever size I make. I have a bench in my hall that has storage and so I keep hats, mitts, sweaters and masks in it for the little ones. They come in handy at times.

3 comments:

  1. Could you find some rainbow fabric for the binding ? Or join on the bias some of the animal colours? Love the wee hats, and to have a supply handy is the best idea for when the colder weather comes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely quilting. Leftover strips of the giraffe and leave colours could make a fine binding. You have quite a collection of grandchildren, so there will always be someone in the correct size for whatever you knit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was thinking a rainbrow stripe for the binding too...something that included all the colours in the giraffes? Barring that maybe the greens that are in the leaves?
    Hats have been on my radar for awhile too and there are several residing in the Christmas box already.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting. I appreciate your thoughts.