Wednesday, June 22, 2022

Testing patterns

 For several years now I have been a tester for various quilt pattern designers.

This is my latest test pattern. I wanted to use the pattern to make it look like a flower. I finished it at 12 inches and it should have been 12.5. I may have lost some pattern by using regular photocopy paper instead of something lighter and thinner.

It's great when I get to use my stash for pattern testing. I spent a lot of time finding the right fabrics for this one. I was surprised that I had enough of the blue water fabric to complete this pattern. This took a while since it was a biggy at 30 inches square.

Both of these were paper pieced patterns.

I will point out here that I don't just test the patterns themselves but I also read the instructions over carefully to make sure there are no grammar, punctuation  or spelling errors or size discrepancies.

1 comment:

  1. Very nice. I love paper piecing but it is time consuming.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting. I appreciate your thoughts.