Thursday, July 22, 2021

Just some cross stitching

Taking a break from quilting for a bit, I decided to do a bit of cross stitching. Nothing too big, just a bookmark.


I didn't realize when I started that this is actually full coverage. I just liked the design and decided to use my own colours. I've done a bit more on this but it's not quite finished yet. The Aida cloth was purchased on Etsy from a fairly local person and I really like the way the edges are finished.


Since the first bookmark was taking so long to finish, I found another design that had way less work on it.

I also started a couple of stitch alongs but they have been put on hold for now. 


On another sad note: My quilting friend Marg suffered a stroke a couple of weeks ago. She had a brain hemorrhage, was operated on, was in ICU for a week and is now in a ward waiting to be admitted to a long term care facility. There is only one person allowed to see her and that is her son. I am told that her speech is indecipherable and that she may suffer another stroke at anytime. Marg was a smoker but never had any kind of cancer. I am hoping that she will be able to communicate with therapy. 

2 comments:

  1. There must be something in the air that's enticing us to take up cross stitching because I've been on a 'bender' with it too.
    I'm so sorry to hear about your friend - hopefully she recovers her speech and does well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both patterns are very nice. It is good to have a project that doesn't take too long to finish.
    I'm sorry to hear about your friend Marg and hope she will recover.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting. I appreciate your thoughts.