Wednesday, October 28, 2020

A bit of knitting and some butterflies and baking

 

I remembered to take a photo of these hats before I sent them to three little boys in England. I wasn't quite sure of the size and went with what the pattern said but I did make some a tad longer. The outer two are made with Patons Decor and there is about 20% wool content in them. They are machine washable. The middle one is acrylic.


I also managed to finish this little cowl for one of my granddaughters. It's a great pattern and the yarn is Drops Air. It's a very soft and non-itchy wool. I did tell my daughter that it was hand wash only but really, how dirty can a cowl get? I may just make a few more. This was one of my unfinished projects and I am glad it is now done. I have at least one sweater that I need to get finished and then I can move on to new things.

On one of the facebook groups I belong to, a lady in Belgium requested 15 cm (6 inch finished) butterfly blocks from around the world. Her friend passed away at the age of 38 and she left a mother and two children. The quilt will be for the mother. I will send these off today.


I also managed to get in some baking. Four loaves of Finnish pulla (cardamom  sweet braid) and some apple squares. No nuts so the little ones can bring some to school with their lunch. I bought some apples and wanted to see what other recipes there were besides apple pie. The recipe I used got great reviews but the people who made them mentioned that it had too much sugar and not enough apple so I used less sugar and more apple. They were a hit and I made a second batch later.

Now, I shall continue on with a quilt I am putting together. I am a pattern tester for a couple of designers and this top has to be finished by the 11th of November. It's 72" square and I just have to get the top done. I am using my stash of blues.

Stay safe, wear your mask and wash your hands.

2 comments:

  1. Dolores, lovely wee hats, and if longer can turn up for a brim, I have several that turn up and I like that way. The cowl looks so cosy, I have 2 cashmere fabric scarves, and have worn one almost all winter, that small extra layer makes such a difference, no wonder the early pilots had silk scarves.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting. I appreciate your thoughts.