Monday, August 31, 2020

Baby things

My daughter's friends were expecting their first baby, a little girl, and my daughter asked me to make a couple of soother clips, a flannel blanket and some burp cloths. Since they live in the states, time was of the essence so I took time out from quilting my True Blue quilt and went searching through my stash for suitable fabrics. 


Apparently, the colour scheme for the baby's room is black and white and these are the ones that my daughter chose for the soother clips from my collection of black and white fat quarters.

Here they are finished.

I used up a bit of my flannel stash and made burp cloths or spit-up cloths, as I call them.

I found three smallish towels in my sewing stash waiting to be made into pull over bibs but I figured I could use them for heavier burp cloths.

I also made a flannel blanket. Here they all are - minus the soother clips ready for little Leona, who entered this world on the 28th of August.

3 comments:

  1. There is something about a new arrival to get the stitches going faster. These will all be so welcome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All useful items for a newborn. It always amazes me how much we can accomplish, in between working on our quilts, to make life easier.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting. I appreciate your thoughts.