Monday, September 9, 2019

More new stuff

I mentioned in one of my previous posts about making a key bag and a cell phone bag for my eldest daughter who wanted them so she could easily find them in her cross body bag (which I also made for her.) Well, even though I forgot to take a photo of them, she did.


The cell phone holder was made with a scrap of sweatshirt fleece I had on hand. I used my husband's cell phone as a pattern since I don't own one. The key holder was so much fun to make. I searched the internet for free patterns and once I found one I liked, I sent the link to my daughter but she vetoed them. I finally found this one and didn't even show her because I figured it was just perfect.
It's not even a real pattern. It's a youtube video. I used an upholstery sample that I had in my stash (there are so many more to use up.) The lady in the video is Laura Ann Coia and this is called an Easy Zipper Pouch. It took hardly any time to make. I will be making more in the future. You are not stuck with just one size as she says you can make the pouch in any size you wish. I just needed a small one and so I went with the sizes she used in her video. Laura is a Canadian and she was a guest speaker at one of the guilds I belong to. I was surprised when I came across this video. I know she has a lot of youtube videos out there - some are sewing related and others are tutorials for quilters.

Here's block 32.

This is the block for the 33rd week of 52 Blocks in 52 Weeks. This took no time at all to make.

I'm still working on my Row quilt so once it's finished, I shall show you what it looks like.

3 comments:

  1. love the greens in the blocks, and a great video, thanks so much for the link.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Laura's tutorials - I've watched her on Sew Very Easy for a long time and learnt a lot. I made the phone stand for my husband's birthday this year - he's always using it. Nicely done, pleased that your daughter took a photo for us to see - thank you. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the link. I'm so glad to hear you don't have a cell phone. I thought I was the only one...LOL

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting. I appreciate your thoughts.