Monday, August 12, 2019

Just some sewing

In between globetrotting and family time this summer, I managed to do a bit of sewing.

These are the blocks for weeks 25 and 26 of the Canadian Quilters' Association's 52 blocks in 52 weeks.

I also managed to repair my eldest daughter's quilt.

This is the 'before' photo of what I was repairing. This one fabric was cotton but I guess the thread count wasn't too great because the only blades of the grandmother's fan blocks that needed repairing were these.

I tried to keep up with the weekly blocks and these are blocks 27 and 28.

Block 29. I have completed block 30 but I forgot to take a photo.

I'm also trying to keep up with the Quilters of Faith BOM. These are blocks 19 and 20.

Today I made a couple of small pouches or bags. Unfortunately, I didn't think of taking a photo of them until they were sealed in an envelope and in the mail. My daughter requested them so she won't have to go searching around the bottom of her bag for her keys and phone.

3 comments:

  1. Lovely blues and greens in those blocks. and goodies for your daughter, she will be so happy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The new blocks are nice, and the yellow ones are my favourites just for their colour. I have not seen many yellow quilts. - The repair work reminds me that I too have a quilt to repair. Thank you for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some really pretty blocks Dolores - I especially like the blue ones (not that I happen to like blue or anything of the sort!).

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting. I appreciate your thoughts.