Sunday, January 20, 2019

A new beginning

There are so many blocks of the month starting up right now and it's hard to decide which one I want to follow - if any. The Canadian Quilters Association has a mystery beginning but they also have a block of the week that I thought I might just do. It's 52 blocks in 52 weeks. Every Tuesday they have a new 6.5 inch block. You don't have to be a member of the association to participate.

This is the first block. One can use three different fabrics and I decided to go with just one predominant colour.

It will be interesting to see how long I last with this.


We had some light snow fall yesterday and it stopped sometime late last night. I went out and swept twice yesterday and I was going to shovel this morning but out neighbours beat me to it. 

I'm trying to finish off a few things. I did knit a hat and I sewed some new pants for my youngest granddaughter, Wren, but I totally forgot to take a photo of them before I handed them to the recipients. Oh well. The hat is the same as the ribbed hats I showed before but this yarn (Patons Decor) was the nicest colour yet and I will be making more pants for my little granddaughter so hopefully, I will remember to take a photo of them.

2 comments:

  1. You have such great neighbours! Mr K. spent more than 5 hours the other day shovelling our driveway and yard, and there have been other days like that earlier last week. - Nice block!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your block. I went to the site and downloaded it and hope to join in. Using 3 colors makes it interesting.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting. I appreciate your thoughts.