Tuesday, November 22, 2016

New quilt

It was a quick visit and my youngest daughter is now back in the UK. She came for the weekend. Ayla's hubby surprised her and found a great deal on a ticket for her so she arrived on Friday and left yesterday. Ayla missed the twin's birthday and wanted to connect with them and little Teemu in person instead of just over the internet. I had started a quilt (a wall hanging) for her birthday (which was in July) but didn't have time to finish it so the two weeks before she arrived, I got it completed.

I was initially just going to make the nail polish as one quilt but then I found the lipstick. After that, I decided that it needed a couple of bottles of perfume. The quilting motifs include little girl hand prints, hearts, flowers and stars. All of the patterns were freebies so just search the internet.

And here's Ayla with her quilt.



I'm off to finish a few more projects before the Christmas rush kicks in.

Linking up with The Needle and Thread Network. Pop on over and check it out.

6 comments:

  1. That is a cute girlie quilt. It is delightful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful for you and Ayla to have that visit, and for her lovely wall hanging to be all finished.

    ReplyDelete
  3. She looks happy with her gift. I like the design; very girly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful thing for her husband to do for her - and for you. Wish somebody would come along and treat us to tickets to go and see our wee grandson - I'd be on a plane tomorrow. Your quilt is adorable - obviously Ayla likes it too if the smile on her face is any indication.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting. I appreciate your thoughts.