Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Scrappy blocks

So many scraps, so many ways to put them to use.

Alternating white strips with scraps. This one can be done with any size strips. I used 2.5 inches for the scraps and 1.5 inches for the white. 

These are 12.5 inch Hole in the Barn Door. It's my second favourite block - after the nine patch.
Denise over at Justquiltin with Denise is having a quilt along using different sizes of this block.

I'm linking up to The Needle and Thread Network. Pop on over to check out other blogs.

I have other sewing to get to now.

11 comments:

  1. Those colours are so lovely in the hole in the doors. And scrappy blocks, all looking so good together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The first looks like it is fun to make. Your Barn Door blocks are nice. I'm saving Denise's instructions and might jump in at some point.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The strings blocks are awesome. I never saw an entire quilt made up of these but I sure it makes a fun quilt. Hole in the barn door is always a good block to go to with scraps. Oh and I love the picture in your header too. ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have been busy. Nice looking blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I never heard the name Hole in the Barn Door. I like it! That block is called Churn Dash here. I never could figure out what that meant! They are great.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hole in the barn door is a new name to me too. It's a pattern that never goes out of style.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great blocks - really love the idea of the sashing between the scrappy logs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can see how the solid white strips will unite the scrappy blocks in a quilt. Your Barn Door blocks are beautiful in those strong colours.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like your scrap blocks. It's good way to use small pieces! The other blocks are nice too :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. love your hole in the barn door blocks - thanks (I think!) for leading me to the quilt along :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting. I appreciate your thoughts.