Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Christmas activities and some sewing

Christmas day was a mild one.

My three middle children: Eric, Maili and Mark. These are the only ones living close by.
 They are all quite the posers. They went for a run on Christmas day. As you can see, there is no snow and the temperature was quite mild.

Little Teemu being read to by his daddy. The book is "A Porcupine in a Pine Tree: A Canadian 12 Days of Christmas. I bought it for me so that all the grandchildren can enjoy it.
"On the fifth day of Christmas my true love gave to me: five Stanley Cups..."

After dinner, Teemu helped the little girls clean out my tupperware (actually, just random plastic containers) cupboard.

Little Teemu with his mommy and daddy.

I don't know if I ever showed this before. It's Teemu back in September at a wedding wearing his all black suit with 'gold cufflinks' and gold bow tie.

And this was his second wedding outfit. I needed to make him a white shirt (I'm not a fan of black on babies) and this time, I thought a blue bow tie would look nice since he has gorgeous blue eyes.

 The brown corduroy pants are done. I really like them and hope they fit well.

I just sewed the binding on this baby quilt. Marg quilted it.

This is the one that I quilted. We decided that both quilts could have the same blue binding on them. It really simplified things and that scrap is now officially done.

The blue and mauve solid stripes were a perfect match for the print that we used in the middle. Marg really didn't want to chop up that print. 
She will hand sew both of the bindings. My job was the machine part. These are going to the Silent Children's Mission along with over 100 hats that Marg crocheted.

8 comments:

  1. Lovely family - it is great having family with you at Chirstmas time

    ReplyDelete
  2. A wonderful family, super outfit for the wedding, and what a great story.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely, precious pictures of your family. Very best wishes for 2016 from Lynda

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful family! and the baby quilts are sweet. Kudos to Marg for crocheting 100 hats.That is wonderful. Happy New Year Dolores!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great family pictures; love thaose little pants lol; cute baby quilt...Happy New Year from our home to yours, hugs,Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  6. Five Stanley Cups - rofl - hey us Wings fans want it back in Detroit!!! You really have a beautiful family, Dolores. Little Teemu looks so snazzy in his suit!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Dolores,

    Teemu has grown up so quickly, he has beautiful eyes. His little outfits look great on him. Great work on the charity quilts and your friend making all those hats. Happy New Year.

    Happy days.
    Bev.

    ReplyDelete
  8. what an adorable little man and such a beautiful name Dolores. I hope you and your family have a fantastic 2015...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting. I appreciate your thoughts.