Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Finishing up

This is what I am working on this Wednesday. Go see what others are up to at the Needle and Thread Network, here.

This is a small quilt that was a BOM, called "Flowers," from Diana in 2010. I did not want to hand quilt it since it has so many seams.

One of my excuses for not working on it sooner was that I didn't have a walking foot before. I just purchased one after Christmas. I wanted to machine quilt this and a few other tops that I have.

 The quilt is a combination of piecing and embroidery.

These are the threads I am using. The yellow on top and the pale green polyester in the bobbin. The floral is the backing fabric. It's polyester/cotton and looks a paler green in this photo.

Now go check out the link above. It may give you some inspiration.

12 comments:

  1. This is a lovely soft and dainty quilt- just "You".

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wonder where this one is heading. THANK you for such beautiful art :-) X X X

    ReplyDelete
  3. What I can see of your quilt looks absolutely wonderful Dolores! Awesome! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Dolores,

    I enjoyed seeing your lovely family photographs when baby Luc came for a visit and you all must have had a wonderful time.
    the quilt is fabulous and I love the soft colours.

    Hugs
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know that BOm, it's so cute. You used nice fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely quilt , such soft pretty colors and I like the addition of embroidery in a quilt :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cool quilt. Also, I love the rich greens in your new header.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So many pieces! and love the embroidery! Where is the photo taken, at the top of your blog -- I seem to remember being there but well, one mountain looks pretty much the same as the next one... hahaha...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely quilt! It makes me miss the Spring...

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a lovely quilt - and perfect thread choices! I wouldn't be without my walking foot - even use it for piecing, to keep the pieces from 'slipping'.

    ReplyDelete
  11. it is so very pretty! It looks really cosy too...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting. I appreciate your thoughts.