Thursday, November 11, 2010

For Real and a small finish

There are many of us that love what we do and know how much our work is worth - realistically. On the other hand, there are many people that do not appreciate the hours and hours that it takes to accomplish the finished product - especially if that work is entirely hand made. Here is a link to let others know that some people do appreciate that work and the hours. Robyne Melia of Victoria, Australia has sold her crazy quilt for $70,000.
Here's a link to some of her potholders. They are wonderful!


This was going to be a blog post with no photos but I did manage to finish this - part 7 of the Flowers BOM.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the links Dolores, pleased you included a pic Beautiful blue's.
    I agree, hard work and time with everything hand made isn't appreciated by all. :-) x x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful quilt and the potholders are really very cute!
    Wow, you really do catch up with Diana's quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. sadly, not many can afford the hours we put into what we make.... ....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, 70,000 dollars....my husband would definitely encourage me to quilt more if he though I could sell my work for that amount of money! :-D Your BOM work is looking good.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting. I appreciate your thoughts.